Sunday, March 8, 2009

#54 - 08 March 2009 - "Carpe Diem"

Seize the day.

Very busy dinner service last evening. I even got going earlier than usual yesterday afternoon, however, I didn't get to start my own prep list (I was by myself in the prep room) until nearly 10:00 p.m. I loved the interplay between the Chef, Chefs des Parties and myself, for when someone needed something done at the last minute - ta da! That's my bag, man... Service finished, clean-up was complete and meeting ajourned around 2:00 a.m. The hour drive home became a leisurely 75 minute tour and by the time I hit the pillow, I think it was 4:00-ish. Then the time change... Slept until noon. So I'm a bit groggy, achy (remember the old bones!), and in need of coffee!!! Today will be short and sweet as I still need to wash my chef pants and get on the road by 2:00 p.m. So, to everyone out there... Carpe Diem. Sieze your day. Peace.

~R